Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week 5 of STM

It has been a busy week with a preaching slot at CDPC on (Gospel centered) worship. A topic close to my heart. Went well and had an extended time in worship after the sermon encouraging everyone to enter the presence of the Almighty, acknowledging our sinfulness and receiving His grace.

One thing that struck me most this last 2 weeks getting an overview of the OT and NT was to see how our Sovereign God had planned and kept the people Israel through the generations to bring the gospel to all of humanity. Learning about the inter-testament period is especially helpful to see how God was not actually silent but active in preparing history for the coming of the Messiah who would burst into history to declare that the "Kingdom of God is at hand."

Much of the history about the Syrian, Greek and Roman empires are all new as I never had the opportunity to study it in school ( We were busy studying Malacca and
Parameswara for for 5 years)

My faith is strengthen as I see our Sovereign Lord's hand in preserving the saints and the story through the Jews. I am sure the main actors going through the stories would not have been able to see the big picture but with the benefit of hind sight - my soul is encouraged!

No comments: