Thursday, January 05, 2012

Day 1 and 2 of orientation

Sat there and realized suddenly that this is not church camp, or retreat or seminar.. .I'm not going back to business after a weekend of great teaching. This is it! Reality bites. Ouch!

Did not know that it was compulsory (strange word -related only to government, I thought) to go for a weekend annual retreat for STM community. Busy weekend at church with CCEF seminar. Doesn't look like I'm able to get an exemption. I'm also weary from traveling 160KM both ways everyday and by Sunday it'll be 6 Days straight. Not sure if I can do this.

Full campus life apparently is quite compulsory and I understand why, but I have a family life 80 KM away and with an hour in between and I'm not sure if I can cramp campus life + study + church. All the other students live on campus or within 5 mins drive away.

going to speak with the dean and with my pastor today for some counsel.

No comments: