Monday, January 02, 2012

Entering 2012 seem like another new year celebrated with little fanfare- quiet evening with the family at home knowing however that 2012 is going to be anything but normal. It's going to be a new experience for me and for my family. In January 2012, I leave my 20 year (To the month, as I started my first job in 1992 at NCR) career and business to pursue a Masters in Divinity (MDiv) at the Theological Seminary of Malaysia.

In a sense this has always been my desire to devote myself to the study of The Word of God Wth the view of serving in a full-time capacity in a church. The time is right, I believe, and He has given me the measure of Grace sufficient for this task. About 7 years ago, at the height of my career and busy schedule - my business required me to travel extensively - I had enrolled with some brothers from our house church to realign and to discern what God's plans were for each of our lifes. This was over a 6 month mentoring program where we had spent a weekend away each month. It was during this time that my desire for full-time ministry was reignited.

At 44, I would have 20+ years left of fruitful service and I knew that if ever I wanted to fulfill this desire it would have to be now. And so the process began about 4 years ago of quietly praying and asking the Lord to make this possible. Quietly discerning, counseling and finally praying through with Connie and our dear pastors at CDPC.

I would not have made this leap if not for the following :
1) God making the path clear of every obstacle from finances to my business responsibilities. Each time I took a step, the next one opens up. the Lord gently showing me the way.
2) A wonderful and supportive community at CDPC and authentic pastors who served with commitment and conviction. Connie and I appreciate the counsel of our pastors and their wives who not only gave advise but lived out the gospel in their lives.
3) Connie and the kids who affirmed my calling and gave me the green light to even explore the possibilities at the early stages. My brother, Andre (He's not French) and his wife Kathy who are always spurring us on to live gospel centered lives just by their example. My father-in-law who supported us all the way like Jethro and Last but not least the spriritual legacy left behind by a faithful mother, and the example of my father who never cease to stand up for what is just. The combination of all this, over the last 4 years, is what has led me to this next phase of my live.

1 comment:

ROBYN TOH said...

God bless you richly and abundantly, my dear brother, as you begin this next phase of your life.